Emily Sanderson

We never cease to learn for as long as we exist in this life. These are my thoughts and contemplations in diaspora

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I weep in silence



My childhood nights… are screaming and crying
Calling for me… to alter my world
To join a road… forsaking my path
So difficult it is… for me to abide
For my sisters are here… my mother and my kittens
The people I love… the snow and my mittens
So easy it is… for granddad to ask me
To sever the ties… and part with my family
In silence I weep… conquered by longing
Nostalgic I feel… and cry for belonging
Without the singer… the songs would shiver
And without the moon… the elegance shall wither
I raise my voice… and say in vigour:
" Granddad, I truly do…  have something bigger!!
So sorry I am… to decline your offer
I opt to stay… with my dearly mother
Even though life… is way too bitter
So sorry I am… for the gloom in your eyes,
And for your trembling fingers… wiping my tears"
My heart beats haste… and so does my pulse rate
I hold my breaths… inside my chest
And without delay… I whisper the rest:
"This fate of mine…
Was neither your fault…


Nor was it mine"

No comments:

Post a Comment